Creating a remarketing tracker
This section explains the steps for creating a tracker for a remarketing campaign.
- Step 1. Prepare your app
- Step 2. Create a tracker
- Step 3. Choose a media source
- Step 4. Configure the destination link
- Step 5. (Optional) Configure attribution
- Step 6. (Optional) Configure postbacks
- Step 6. Save the tracker
- Step 8. Use the created tracking link and re-engagement deeplink
Step 1. Prepare your app
Before starting a remarketing campaign, prepare your app:
- Add deeplink support to your application.
Step 2. Create a tracker
In the AppMetrica interface, go to the Trackers section and click Create tracker.
Step 3. Choose a media source
On the New tracker page, fill in the following Campaign details:
- This is remarketing campaign — Flag indicating that the tracker is being created for a remarketing campaign. Set the switch to the On position.
- Tracker name — A name for the tracker. The tracker will be shown in the Trackers list with the specified name.
- Application — The application the tracker is being created for.
- Partner — The media source to attribute clicks, installs, and conversions to. If the media source isn't in the list, you can add it. After being added, the new source will be saved in the list.Note. Once the tracker has been created, you can't change the media source in the settings.
Step 4. Configure the destination link
Fill in the fields in the Destination link settings section:
- Platform — The target platform. You can configure the destination URL both for iOS and Android.
- Destination URL — A link that leads to the app store or a page where the user can install the app. When you add it to this field, the parameter is saved in the app settings.
- Deeplink — A link that opens an app installed on the device and transmits the specified data to it.Attention. A deeplink is required for remarketing campaigns.
Step 5. (Optional) Configure attribution
Attribution correctly detects the source that attracted users to your app and accurately correlates an app install with a click on an ad.
- Fingerprint — Attribution using a heuristic algorithm. The default value is 24 hours. You can change the timeframe from 1 to 24 hours.
- Device ID / Google Referrer — Attribution using the unique device identifier and Google Play referrer. The default value is 10 days. You can change the timeframe from 1 to 10 days.
- Reattribution — Attribution of repeat installs by pre-existing users. The option is enabled by default for remarketing campaigns.
Enable the option for remarketing campaigns to attribute reinstallations to the partner (not to organic traffic).Note. For test devices, reattribution is always enabled (regardless of the setting). To add a test device, go to the app settings and choose the Test devices tab.
Step 6. (Optional) Configure postbacks
You can add up to 5 postbacks per tracker.
- Postback destination — The partner who will receive the postback.
If you want to collect your own statistics, you can send the postback to your own server. To do this, you need to add a media source.
- Event — The target event that triggers sending the postback to the media source.
The event may have one of several types:
- Install postback — Send the postback after an attributed install.
- Event postback — Send the postback after an attributed conversion.
Postback URL — A postback link. AppMetrica allows transmitting custom tracking parameters to the postback URL. By default, the postback URL contains parameters from the media source settings. To change the parameters, click Edit (changes will be saved in the media source settings).
You can set the corresponding option to send the postback only for the first target event. All subsequent events will be ignored.Note. Some advertising partners can set a permanent Postback URL for their network. In this case, the postback is sent to the partner regardless of other settings. It can't be edited.
- Re-engagement window — The maximum amount of time that can pass between the install and the target event. A postback won't be sent to the media source if the target event takes more than the specified time.
- Send postbacks to install partner — Flag indicating that AppMetrica should send postbacks to the partner who attracted the user in another ad campaign. Use this option to send CPA postbacks that were set up in other advertising campaigns to installation partners. This option is disabled by default (AppMetrica doesn't send postbacks after attributing a user to the remarketing partner).
Step 6. Save the tracker
Save the customized tracker. The tracker is available in the Trackers section.
In this section, you can:
- Edit the tracker.
- Move the tracker to the archive.Note. The statistics from archived trackers remain available in reports. After moving a tracker, you can't restore it yourself. If you archived a tracker by mistake, use the feedback form to send us a message.
Step 8. Use the created tracking link and re-engagement deeplink
After filling in the tracker settings, AppMetrica generates a tracking link and re-engagement deeplink. Use them in your advertising campaign.
Launching a remarketing campaign for a mobile e-commerce app. The goal is for the user to view a specific screen (for example, a product page).
Depending on the advertising network, there are two ways to create a remarketing campaign:
- The advertising network accepts an HTTP tracking link.
- The advertising network accepts a deeplink.