Crashes and errors
AppMetrica lets you collect information about app crashes and errors. You can analyze them in the Crashes/errors report.
Key AppMetrica crash/error analysis features:
- Automatic uploading of mapping and dSYM files when building an app
Information about crashes and errors on Android can be sent in an obfuscated form and on iOS in an unsymbolicated form. It's difficult to extract data from these logs for analysis. To analyze logs, upload mapping and dSYM files to AppMetrica.
AppMetrica supports automatic uploading of mapping and dSYM files when building an app and manually uploading them via the web interface. For more information, see:
- Grouping data
Crash logs are grouped into crash groups by stack trace.
Error grouping depends on the method that is used to send them. For more information, see:
Groups show all the devices where crashes/errors occur. From each group, you can view the full log from a specific device.
- Opening and closing a crash or error
- You can close fixed crashes and errors to filter them out of the report. If, after closing, they're found in versions that didn't have them before, the crash or error is re-opened.
- Integrating a profile card
- To view the events that preceded the crash or error, go from the log to a profile card.
- Group comments
- You can add a comment for each group. For example, you can insert a link to an issue in Yandex.Tracker in a comment.