AppMetrica allows you to collect information about app crashes and analyze it in the Crashes report.
Key features for crash analysis in AppMetrica:
- Automatic uploading of mapping and dSYM files when building an app
Information about crashes on Android can be sent in an obfuscated form and that about crashes on iOS — in an unsymbolicated form. It's difficult to extract data for analysis from these crash logs. To analyze the crash logs, upload mapping and dSYM files to AppMetrica.
AppMetrica supports automatic uploading of mapping and dSYM files when building an app and their manual uploading via the web interface. For more information, see:
- Grouping data
Crash logs are grouped by stack trace into crash groups. All devices where this crash occurs are displayed in a crash group. From each crash group, you can view the crash log on a specific device.
- Opening/closing a crash
- You can close fixed crashes to filter them from the report. If a closed crash is detected in versions where it wasn't previously detected, the crash will be re-opened.
- Binding with a profile card
- To view the events that preceded the crash, go from the crash log to a profile card.
- Comments on crashes
- You can add a comment for each crash group. For example, you can insert into a comment a link to an issue in Yandex.Tracker.